Last week I was part of a super awesome road trip with Mukesh Jha , Janardan Prasad, 19 other teams and the support staff & team of The Travel Scientists. What is Rickshaw Challenge – Malabar Rampage? You can read all about Rickshaw Challenge here, however very simply put an incredible ~1200KM ride on 3 wheels ( Rickshaw/ Tuk Tuk) on Indian Roads.
Loads of Fun, Lots of Challenges and Humbling Experiences. Here are the top 10 Life Hacks I learnt in this trip and credits to people, event, places for the learnings.
1. What’s in a name that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet
Read: It Takes a bad ass to run the show. Call him Luke, John or Aravind 🙂
Credit: Aravind, Princely and The Travel Scientists- Don’t reason with Indians, smile 🙂
2. Junk the Manual. Ride, Break, Fix. Repeat!
Credit: Chennai Garage Team- you are amazing clockwork!
3. Journey of 1000 mile begins with a single.. Crank
Credit: Practice Run. Go Mukesh Go! Thanks for taking the lead, revving and doing the donut moves for The Autowale.
4. when in Rome do as the Romans do and in Kerela do the Malayali
Credit: Team Autowale.
5. what the heck Rome! Sumos are Sumos, Rome, Sydney, Japan or Mars
Credit: Butt, Sweat and Tears ( Chris, Mark, Hugo). Chris, Mark, Hugo you deserve the Bonkers Award. Who else would put up the Sumo costume for every event when it’s 40 degrees?
6. Life is a Journey! Live the Moment
Credit: India’s Coastline.
7. Share the Little Joys
Credit: Round Table and Goan Places (Sheila and Nic.) Sheila and Nic raised over $20K sharing their journey with friends to support Schools and Education in India.
8. When life gives lemon, make lemon mint iced tea.
Credit: Awesome Food of India
9. Consistent and Persistent Win!
Credit: Stairway (Paul and Alex). Paul and Alex were always consistent, very friendly and never too loud. Cheers!
10. Work Harder, Party Harder
Credit:Flying Birds (Thomas and Waltraud)- While we took turns to ride the rickshaw, typically doing 60- 80 Km/ day/ person. Thomas did 200-270KM everyday on his own. We ordered 1 beer in the evening Thomas ordered 3!