2013 has been a year of questions for me. Questions about business models, about pivots, about change of plan. The year started with a big question persist, pivot or perish WorldWithourMe? and then there were at least 4 major question every month.
It’s befitting that the last post of the year be about questions. So here’s my pick of 10 questions that have helped me evaluate startup ideas.
Questions to identifying Problem/ opportunity
- What experiences( good or bad), have you had with the [current solution/ product]?
- What is the frequency of purchase [current solution/ product]?
- other products/ solutions did you consider?
- Has [current solution/ product] worked well for you? How/how not?
- Top 3 changes you would make to the [current solution/ product]?
Questions to probe/ validate
- Can you give an example?
- Tell me more.
- What would you change?
- Can you be more specific?
- How did that impact?
Happy Starting Up 2014!