I was part of the founding team of 3 startups between 1999 – 2012. I also helped 4 other startups with marketing in that period. Between 2012- and today I have been advising startups and product teams of enterprises in US and India. I have worked with 12 great teams in this period and Customer Acquisition and Growth seems to be one of the top 2 challenges for these teams- perhaps for all startups.
For the last 12 months I have been mulling over the question “ Is growth an accident or method ? I tend believe that Growth is a method and am trying to put together a 6 month program based on the A2R2 (Attract, Activate, Retain, Reap) Growth Hacking process to help Entrepreneurs and teams acquire customers and grow. Here’s the outline of the program:
Who is the Growth Hacking program for?
This 6 months program is designed for Product Teams and requires minimum 2 members to own the following processes:
1. Product Development
2. Customer Development
Month 1: Growth Hacking Basics
Session 1: What the heck is Growth Hacking
– What, How, Who of Growth?
– Growth Hacking Hall of Fame.
– Growth Hacking Funnel: Introduction to A2R2 Growth Framework ( Attract, Activate, Retain Reap)
Session 2: You cannot fill a bucket that has a hole
– How to Identify the holes and develop plan to plug the holes before thinking growth.
– Identify the holes in your product and develop plan to plug the holes before thinking growth.
Session 3: Cut the Umbilical Cord
– How to look at your product from your customer’s perspective.
– Customer Segmentation
– Product Virality
Session 4: Think Unreasonable, Plan Practical.
– Everyone wants to ‘Disrupt’, few do
– Think where you could be in 18/24 months, Plan for next 3
– Set your Goals for the Program
Month 2: Laws of Attraction- From Leads to Qualified Leads
Session 5: Laws of Attraction- Introduction
– Channels to attract: Real World, Digital ; Paid, Earned
– Things You should have done yesterday.
– We often forget the real world.
Session 6: Expert SEO
Session 7: Expert SEM
Session 8: One-on-One
– Follow up on Month 1- Holes in your Bucket?
– Create plans to Attract Customers
Month 3: Activate Customers- Get them to the Aha moment
Session 9: Aha Moment
– What is Aha Moment?
– Tools to get customers to Aha Moment
– How to discover Your products Aha Moment
Session 10: Basics of Web/ Mobile design and UX
– For Apps- Think Mobile First
Session 11: Channels FAQs, Videos, Community, Emails
Session 12: One-on-One
– Follow up on Month 2- Attracting Customers
– Create Plan to get to Aha Moment
Month 4: Retain Customers- Get them hooked on.
Session 13: Core Product Value
– What is Core Product Value?
– Identifying your Core Value
– Delivering Core Product Value as early as often
Session 14: Behavior Segmentation and Automating Lead Curation
– A/B Testing
Session 15: The Science and Art of Email Marketing
Session 16: One-on-One
– Follow up on month 3- Get to the Aha Moment
– Create Plan to Retain
Month 5: Reap their Network
Session 17: From users to Brand Ambassadors
– Why people love some products
– Identifying your Brand Ambassadors
Session 18: Advanced Social Media Engagement Techniques
Session 19: Customer Loyalty and Brand Ambassador Program
Session 20: One-on-One
– Follow up on month 4- Retaining Customers
– Create Plan to Reap their Network
Month 6: Getting Lean- Learn and Iterate
Session 21: List and Analyze Product Learnings
– Group Session
Session 22: List and Analyze Customer Learnings
– Group Session
Session 23: Iterating Lean
Session 24: One-on-One
– Plan the next 6 Months.
Would love to get feedback on the program and the content. Do you think this program is needed and will work?